Sunday, 14 April 2013

Spicy pasta bake

This is my favourite dish:D very tasty with the thanx of the spices used. It does'nt take that long and it's one of those dishes you can prepare in the morning and then bake once ur ready for dinner. This is a rough guide as I tend to go by my eye with the ingredients.

You will need:

350g Lean mince beef
1 cup Passata
1 Onion
300g Pasta ( any type )
3 gloves of Garlic
1 tsp Mixed spices/ or curry spices ( I use a combination of dried coriander, cumin, garlic, turmeri, black pepper and salt)
1 Stock cube ( I use chicken)
1 pint Milk ( full fat)
2 tsp Corn flour
1 tsp Nutmeg
2 cups Cheddar cheese

Firstly cut up the onion and fry in some olive oil, once browned add meat and fry until cooked. Add spices, garlic and crumble in the stock cube. Combine and cook for a few mins, then add 1/2 a cup of passata. If you don't have any passata you can use a squirt of tomato purée and add some water instead. Also another tip if you don't use all the passata you can freeze what ever is left and use it next time. Let simmer for a few mins and while that's going on you can start cracking on with the white sauce. I make a super quick one. I poor the milk into a sauce pan add corn flour, 1 tsp salt & nutmeg and just keep stirring over a medium heat until thickened. Once thickened up I usually add a 1/2 cup of cheese too. Then I add a little of the white sauce to the mince mixture. I find this mellows out the mixture nicely. Boil some water with a tsp of salt and cook pasta until al dente. ( nearly cooked) once done drain and add mince mixture and throughly mix. Pour into a baking dish . Lastly top with white sauce and cheese. Place in oven and bake at about 180 degrees for about 30 mins or until nicely browned and bubbling:) yummy! I usually have a nice green salad on the side. Beware the topping is very moorish!!!:D



No comments:

Post a Comment