Thursday, 4 April 2013

Old bananas?? No problem:D

If your like me and hate it when bananas start to brown then the answer to stop the waste of throwing them out is Banana Bread:D I love the smell while they cook, such a comforting smell! This recipe is really easy as you can just throw all the ingredients into a blender then presto it's ready for the oven.

Ok so here's what you will need:

1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 large bananas
1 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of baking soda

Pre heat oven to 180 degrees

First peel bananas and place in food processor then add eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, baking powder and baking soda. Give a good blitz then lastly add the flour and then give the processor a couple of pulses until the mixture just comes together. You don't want to over mix as you will end up with a heavy cake. This mix makes two loaf tins and since I'm a chocoholic I like to throw in some chopped up milk chocolate into one and leave the other plain ( my son prefers it plain...I know strange child!!:D )

Place in the middle of oven for about 30 mins, after the 30 mins keep checking by placing a knife in the middle of the cake to see if it comes out clean. If it comes out clean its done.

Enjoy warm with a cup of tea.....yummy!







No comments:

Post a Comment