This is a firm favourite with our family so thought I'd share the recipe:) Ok you will need -
1 kilo of mince Lamb ( I use two packets)
2 tsp of dried coriander
1 chicken stock cube
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of chopped garlic ( I use the tube stuff as makes light work and no stinky garlic hands for hrs!)
1/2 litre of passata ( I use a big jar)
2 cups of green beans
1/4 cup of milk
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Next mix the mince lamb, salt, pepper, dried coriander and garlic together throughly. Make little balls out of the mixture until all the mince mix is gone. Place the little babies in a roasting tin. Roast in the oven till just starting to brown, ( usually about 25 mins) I wouldn't leave them in too long as they can get quite dry if over cooked.
Next pour passata into a medium sized sauce pan and pop in the stock cube, let it cook down slightly for about 10 minutes then add the green beans. Cook for a further 15 mins. Once meat balls look nicely cooked add them to the passata mixture and cook for a further 15 mins on a low heat to allow everything to marry nicely with each other:) Then add 1/4 cup of milk to the mix. ( this takes the acidity down from the passata) . And that's it really, we usually have this with some white basmati rice...yummy! X
This recipe will feed 5-7 depending on portion sizes. Keeps well in the fridge and can be frozen.

No comments:
Post a Comment